Another popular recipe I made is this honey cake. Yes, it has sugar and white flour, but if you like to treat yourself once a year and enjoy a sugary piece of honey cake, this is your recipe!! This honey cake is seriously the most delicious, hence the name! Even those who claim they don’t like honey cake love this one. So give it a try and you may find yourself going back to this recipe year after year.
Want to be notified when new recipes are posted?
How about get a FREE Healthy Shabbos E-Cookbook (coming soon!)?
CLICK HERE to Subscribe!
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong coffee (1 cup warm water with 1 tablespoon of instant coffee)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease and flour two loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, honey, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Add in the warm coffee and whisk again. Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk till fully combined.
- Divide batter (will be runny) between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.