Heads up, this is one of my “no way healthy” recipes. Like I always say, if you’re going to enjoy something unhealthy, its gotta be good and this definitely is just that! So let’s get right into it…
You either love them or you hate them. Lemon bar fans will go nuts over these hamantaschen. They are everything you love in lemon bars, but in its own Purim costume! For those who aren’t lemon fans, this dough is perfect with any filling. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and delicious all around. Oh, and it’s only 5 ingredients, uses oil, and no refrigeration needed!
No need to patchke over the stove top, this microwave lemon curd comes together so quickly and is bound to become your go-to lemon curd recipe. I’m sure you can make it over the stove top as well (just whisk the ingredients over med/low heat), but I wanted something quick and simple.
If you try any of my recipes please be sure to tag me @nowaythatshealthy and/or comment below! I’d love to know!
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼-½ cups flour, a bit more may be needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Lemon Curd Filling, see recipe below
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Whisk together the oil and sugar. Add in the eggs and whisk till combined.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder using a spoon. The dough should easily come together into a ball. It may require more flour, but be sure you do not add too much. You want it slightly sticky to ensure the edges stay closed.
- Lightly flour the surface you will be rolling the dough out on. Roll out the dough to ¼-½ an inch thickness.
- Use the rim of a glass cup or round cookie cutter to cut rounds of the dough. Place onto the baking sheet then place two teaspoons of lemon curd in the center of the circle. Pinch together the top and then bottom two corners creating a triangular shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops become slightly golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
- In a microwave safe bowl whisk together all the ingredients.
- Heat in the microwave for one minute. Remove and whisk.
- Continue microwaving for another 2 ½ minutes removing every 30 seconds to whisk. Each microwave is different, but it will begin to thicken. Once it is thick enough to only slowly drip off the spoon, it is ready. It will also thicken more as it cools.