Are you ready for this epic recipe????
When I first started eating healthier and gluten-free I thought all my favorite foods would be off the table. Well, not anymore! After getting creative in the kitchen and with thanks to Otto’s Natural’s- Cassava flour I can enjoy lots my favorite dishes again!
This fried chicken recipe happened by accident! I was making the real deal fried chicken for my family and was getting tired of frying up all the chicken. The last few pieces I placed into the fridge and the next day I decided to bake them instead.
Best. Idea. Ever!
They were crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and tasted just as good as the fried version. Even better, you don’t need the gluten to get those great results because Otto’s Natural’s – Cassava flour works just as well! My family couldn’t believe this crispy fried chicken was not only baked, but also gluten-free.
Give it a try and you’ll be surprised as well!
- 1 cup milk of choice, we use homemade cashew milk
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 12 pieces of chicken, bone-in, skin removed. We use the thighs, legs and wings.
- ¾ cup Otto's Natural's - Cassava flour
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Avocado or olive oil spray
- In a large bowl mix together the milk and vinegar.
- Add in the chicken being sure each piece is mostly cover in the liquid. Cover the bowl and allow the chicken to marinade in the fridge, anywhere from 1 hour to overnight. 1 hour is enough if you are in a rush!
- In a small bowl mix together Otto's Natural's - Cassava flour with all the spices.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. Take one piece at a time and press them into the Otto's Natural's - Cassava flour mixture being sure it is fully coated. Shake off excess and place into a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. The chicken can be placed on top of each other if no room to spread out in the pan.
- Cover the pan of chicken and return to the fridge. Allow it to sit for a minimum of 2 hours. This will help create that perfect outer crispy coating on the chicken.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a baking sheet with the oil spray. Place the chicken onto the baking sheet in one layer. Use the oil spray again to coat the chicken.
- Place into the oven and bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours. The chicken should be golden and crispy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside.